Friday, October 10, 2008

Fleeces + Football = Fall

The fall is finally setteling in here in Denver. Today I woke up and it was a little foggy, 45 degrees, and I felt like staying in bed all day. I love the fall.

Time to get out my fleeces and long sleeve shirts. Time to start layering my clothes and eat soup at night instead of turkey sandwiches.

The fall also makes it feel more appropriate to be watching football on Saturdays, for example tomorrow I will wake up, walk the dogs, make some coffee, watch the Longhorns beat the Sooners, listen to the Red Raiders beat the Cornhuskers on the radio, and then watch any random game that is on TV.

I also love the fall because I am able to see my students games (football AND futbol) as well as other school activities. I love it. I know that a lot of people do not enjoy the fall, but I am not one of those people. Things are cool, but not freezing, there is not two feet of snow on the ground, but you also don't feel like your car is a sauna everytime you get in....did I mention football?

Well, I am going to play some Jon Foreman and Ryan Adams (perfect fall music) and get back to work on the new CREW PM series "Who Is Jesus?" If you have any ideas for aspects of Jesus to cover then please leave me a comment, or leave a comment anyway, maybe your favorite recipie or fall music. Have a blessed day!

No comments: