Friday, November 14, 2008

Denver's first snow

Yesterday I wore shorts and a t-shirt all day. I walked the dogs through the field next to our apartment. I sat out on the balcony and read. Then I went to bed thanking God for a wonderful and warm day in mid-November...

Then I woke up this morning. There was snow on the ground, ice on the steps, a cold chill in apartment as I got out of the shower, and of course I had to walk the dogs with wind and snow stinging me in the face.

I think this snow snuck up on my and I feel that summer was stolen from me like a car stereo (in the middle of the night, by someone who will probably pawn it off for beer money).

On the plus side, it was yet another occasion to listen to Christmas music on the way to the church. So I listened to Josh Rosenthal's new Christmas album, and then I listened to some Sufjan Stevens Christmas music. It made the morning so much better.

Also, when it is cold outside I feel like I am more productive than normal (not that I slack off when it is warm outside, but I feel less like going outside and the rest of the church staff does not go outside with me to throw a football around or play a little tennis golf around the church). So with that being said I need to work on week 2 of our "Who is Jesus?" series and look at how he was fully man...fun stuff.

Have a good one, and if it is not snowing where you are and you don;t have to scrape your windshield off don't feel too sorry for me. Because I get to see snow covered mountatin every morning.

No comments: